By accessing this website you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website. The www.suttonsandrobertsons.com website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose. References in these Terms and Conditions to ‘we’, ‘us’ ‘Suttons & Robertsons’ are to Suttons & Robertsons, Registered in England as Hopkins & Jones Limited of 88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH. Company number: 433606
Postal & courier services – shipping
Our preferred shipping method is via Royal Mail Special Delivery, guaranteed by 1pm. Should you wish to send your items without using our free shipping pack, we strongly recommend that you use the same service. You may choose the level of insurance to be applied to the package at your post office. The standard levels Royal Mail provide are £500, £1000 and £2500. If you believe that your items value exceeds £2500, we advise that additional insurance is purchased at your cost.
If you choose to use the free shipping pack provided, your items will be insured by us up to the value of £20,000.
Please ensure that prior to shipping your goods, that you take at least one photograph of each item and send this to us in advance. This provides added security and will help should there be an unusual event resulting in the need to raise a claim via Royal Mail. You are able to read the full terms and conditions of Royal Mail’s claims process here.
When shipping via the post office, you will need to ensure that you are provided with a proof of postage receipt. We will ask that you also send us a photograph of this and keep the receipt safe, in any event that a claim may need to be raised.
Under certain circumstances we may be able to offer a collection via a same-day courier service insured up to £20,000 value. This would usually be if you live within a 50 mile radius of one of our stores. We may even be able to arrange collection via one of our store-based colleagues. If you live outside of the 50 mile radius, we may still be able to arrange a collection, dependent on where you live the items that you wish to send us.
We may change the Suttons & Robertsons website and correct or update information (including product information) on it or change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Except in relation to the description of products and services available for order from our website, we do not guarantee and are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided on the website.
You may access use the website for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided you retain all copyright proprietary notices, you may:
- retrieve and display the content of the website on a screen
- print copies of the content for your own personal use
- store the content in electronic form (except that you may not store it on any server or other storage device connected to a network)
You may not use the website or its contents:
- for commercial purposes
- for resale purposes including the systematic extraction and/or re-utilisation of any part of the contents of this website (eg. item listings, descriptions, prices)
- to interfere with or disrupt any network or website connected to this website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems
- to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the website by any other person
- for any purpose which is unlawful
- In addition you may not, in relation to this website, use any:
- data mining, robots, or similar data gathering extraction tools
- framing techniques to enclose the trademarks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the website
- meta tags or any other “hidden text” which uses our name or trademarks
Using this website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trademarks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it
We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The website is provided ‘as is’. Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk. You must not transmit through or to our website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful or pornographic material or material which may infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) or which does not comply with all relevant laws. This website may include links to third party websites (“Third Party Site(s)”) from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of such Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services available from such Third Party Sites. You should check the privacy statements and terms and conditions of use of Third Party Sites accessible from this website.
We do not exclude or limit our liability or the liability of any other person for fraudulent misrepresentation resulting from our or their negligence. Except as set out above in relation to our contractual obligations to supply goods and/or services following acceptance of orders placed on our website, neither we nor any of our agents, affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use or misuse of the website or customer services. We shall not be liable for any indirect, or consequential loss of whatever nature, including damage to software or hardware, loss of data, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or customer services (including without limitation, any such loss arising out of or in connection with any order placed on the website, whether or not accepted by us).
When you place orders online, we collect certain personal transactional information (e.g. name, address, email address, credit/debit card details) from you. To fulfil our obligations to you under these Terms and Conditions, we communicate with you by email and by posting notices on the website. You agree to receive communications from us electronically in this way and that electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications to be in writing.
The website is controlled and operated in the UK. These Terms and Conditions and all matters connected with any order you place on our website are governed by English law you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to all matters connected with or arising out of the website or your use of customer services or any order you place on the website.
Suttons and Robertsons promotions vary from time to time may be withdrawn without prior notice.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these terms and conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue to have full force effect. We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions and if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control. If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
Please contact our Customer Care Team in the event of any queries:
08000 389 839
(UK only / local rate number for BT users only. As mobile other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details). Lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm & Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm (closed Sunday and Bank holidays).
Customer Complaint Procedure
We take great pride in our friendly approach to financial services and meeting the needs of our customers. In order to ensure that we continually meet the highest levels of service, we are committed to listening to your feedback resolving any issues you may have.
What happens next?
- If you contact us about any concerns if we have been unable to resolve your complaint immediately, the Customer Relations Unit will send a letter to acknowledge the receipt of your complaint. We will consider all factors you have raised and we may need to contact you further for further information.
- We will try to resolve your concerns as soon as we can let you know what we are going to do to reach a satisfactory conclusion. Where we cannot resolve matters immediately, we will carry out an investigation and this will be detailed in a response letter to you. This letter is called the “Final Response”.
- The Final Response should be sent to you within 8 weeks from the receipt of your complaint. If we are not able to issue a response by this time, we will send you an update and let you know how you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service should you wish to do so. We will also enclose a leaflet explaining this process, or for further information, please refer to:www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk However, in the meantime we will continue our investigation and issue the Final Response as soon as possible.
What if I remain dissatisfied?
If you are still dissatisfied after receiving the Final Response letter and if your complaint relates to the provision of credit; you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of receiving our Final Response.